Go all the way with our 42.2km Rhino Ramble
Yep the big one. The Dubbo Stampede’s marathon, the Rhino Ramble!
This marathon is like no other. With the right preparation, why not make this year your year to cross the finish line?
This years' event will be held on Sunday 26th August 2018.
Click here to register for the event.
Start time: 7:00am
Marshalling will occur approximately 10 minutes prior to the start time.
- Individual: $115 register by midnight 27th July 2018 for a free running shirt!
We have training plans available for the Rhino Ramble. If you are a new marathoner or a more seasoned participant, we have got you covered.
Your registration includes your finishers’ medal, entry to the Taronga Western Plains Zoo and a free shirt for early bird registrations. You must be over 16 to enter the marathon. There are no age restrictions on the other events. The course is measured to IAAF standards but not certified.
Check out this footage below of our iconic marathon course!
For general information about our event and the 2018 race guide, please see our FAQ page.
Prize money is available for both male and female placegetters
- First - $800
- Second - $500
- Third - $300
We also have an additional $200 jackpot prize if the Rhino Ramble course record is broken!
See our Past Events page for previous records!
All event placings (except the Wallaby Wheel) are determined through gun start.
Toilets and stations
There will be 10 portaloos at the marshaling area, plus the following on the Rhino Ramble course
- 5.5km (water and toilets)
- 8.5km (water and toilets)
- 11km (water, toilets, sport drink, GU gels)
- 11.5km (toilets)
- 12.5km (toilets)
- 13km (water)
- 14.5km (toilets)
- 15.5km (water and GU gels)
- 17.5km (special needs [self-supplied] and 1st lap wristband issued to runners)
- 19.5km (water and toilets)
- 22km (water and toilets)
- 24.5km (water, toilets, sport drink and GU gels)
- 25km (toilets)
- 26km (toilets)
- 26.5km (water)
- 28km (toilets)
- 29km (water, and GU gels)
- 31km (special needs [self-supplied] and 2nd lap wristband issued to runners)
- 33km (water and toilets)
- 35.5km (water and toilets)
- 38km (water, toilets, sport drink and GU gels)
- 40.7km (special needs [self-supplied])
- 41km (water)